We have had an interesting past week with our sweet little Macy. Long story short, we went to Children's hospital for some not so fun testing last week. She has had UTIs that won't go away and so they wanted to find out why. She also had some wierd/scary bacteria that showed up in the last culture. Last Thursday she was tested for Spina Bifida (not sure if I spelled that right) because of her late walking and a symptom being recurrent UTIs. She had an ultrasound of her kidneys and bladder and then she did a REALLY not fun dye test. After several days of waiting and much prayer, we found out good & bad news. The bad is that she has Reflux in her kidneys meaning that she has to be on antibiotics for at least a year, possibly up to 4 years and then we will go back each year to do the dye test to see if she has outgrown the reflux. The WONDERFUL news, is that she doesn't have Spina Bifida and the scary bacteria that doesn't respond to antibiotics very well...is gone! They actually think the culture that showed it was contaminated. So...God is good, we know that. He is good all the time...good times and bad times. But, He truly walked through this little scare and reminded us that He is in complete control and that Macy is fearfully and wonderfully made..by Him and He knows what is best for her. Thank you Lord for being so Good and blessing us and hearing our prayers. Thank you too to those of you who prayed.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
God is GOOD!
We have had an interesting past week with our sweet little Macy. Long story short, we went to Children's hospital for some not so fun testing last week. She has had UTIs that won't go away and so they wanted to find out why. She also had some wierd/scary bacteria that showed up in the last culture. Last Thursday she was tested for Spina Bifida (not sure if I spelled that right) because of her late walking and a symptom being recurrent UTIs. She had an ultrasound of her kidneys and bladder and then she did a REALLY not fun dye test. After several days of waiting and much prayer, we found out good & bad news. The bad is that she has Reflux in her kidneys meaning that she has to be on antibiotics for at least a year, possibly up to 4 years and then we will go back each year to do the dye test to see if she has outgrown the reflux. The WONDERFUL news, is that she doesn't have Spina Bifida and the scary bacteria that doesn't respond to antibiotics very well...is gone! They actually think the culture that showed it was contaminated. So...God is good, we know that. He is good all the time...good times and bad times. But, He truly walked through this little scare and reminded us that He is in complete control and that Macy is fearfully and wonderfully made..by Him and He knows what is best for her. Thank you Lord for being so Good and blessing us and hearing our prayers. Thank you too to those of you who prayed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I can't believe I didn't know about this Mitz. I would've been praying with you. I am glad for the good news and sorry that she has to be on medicine for so long. :(
I can't wait to see you this weekend!
Praise God for the good news, but so sorry you have had to go through this stressful time. I will do my very best to remember Macy in my prayer time often and pray specifically for a miracle and that she won't have to be on the antibiotics near that long. Love you! Mandy
wow...I had no idea! Thank the Lord that it wasn't the worst news! Antibotics are doable, eventhough it won't be fun. I'll be praying for Macy that this doesn't last as long as they expect.
I'll be praying, too. Wish I would have known before so I could have been praying! I'm sure this has been a weighty issue on your shoulders. God is ALWAYS good!
Mitzi! That reflux is EXACTLY what my sister and I both had! I wish I had known you guys were going through that! I'm SO glad they figured out what the problem was, although I'm truly sorry for Macy on the dye test - I still remember having to do that, and I was like 4 - bummer! I'm sorry that you guys had this major trial - your momma heart must hurt terribly for sweet Macy. We'll be praying that her little body works great with the medicine and she outgrows it quickly!
Post a Comment