I don't normally use the blog for writing, mainly for pictures, but tonight my heart is heavy and I felt like sharing. I feel like in the past two months that I have heard so many sad stories. Stories of unexpected loss, sickness, failing marriages, and neglected children. Things that break my heart. I find myself asking the Lord how He could let these things happen. He is the God of the universe...couldn't He prevent them? Then I'm quickly reminded that these things break His heart way more than I could possibly imagine them breaking mine. Tonight I just had to go to His word and be reminded of His comfort and love. All of these people in these situations are His children. He made them. He loves them. I am just pleading for Him to comfort those in need. I don't understand why these things are happening, but I do trust in my God of peace & comfort & love. It hurts Him, but he does allow these things...I trust for purposes that are bigger than I can imagine.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Isn't it horrible that Satan can still be so strong? He has so much control over things it is scary. I can't wait for the day Christ will overcome him! Then, no more pain, sorrow, death...what a day that will be
Post a Comment